A cake I often serve at IWP Board Meetings and Book club.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Gas 4). Grease and line a 7inch round cake. .
- Toss the apple with the lemon juice and set aside. Sift the flour and baking powder together then rub in the butter, until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir 115g of the sugar, the apple and the egg, mix well, adding a little of the milk at a time to make a soft doughy mix.
- Transfer into your tin.
- In a small dish, mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the cake mix.
- Bake for 45-50mins then. leave to cool in the tin for 10mins, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Can be baked in a 9inch flan dish, then cook for a shorter time and it can be served from the dish.
Enjoy when cooled alone or with cream or custard.